Who Wants a Cookie??

As you all know I love to bake and cook. Sometimes for fun, (lavender honey madeleines for me) other times out of necessity (to feed my allergy babies). I would love to hear from all of you on what you would like to see more of on our blog. Are any of you suffering from food allergies, or your children or friends? What type of food allergies, gluten, casein, soy, egg? Yes, we have them all at our house!

As a little enticement for your responses, I will be selecting some of the responses at random and mailing you a little sample of the gluten, casein free chocolate chunk cookies that I sell over at my Etsy shop, Two Prince . I know what you’re thinking, gluten, casein free cookies… believe me they are delicious!

I am just really happy to have all of you following us and want to get a better feel on what I can do for you!

I am open to suggestions as far as what type of foods you will like to see more of, whether entrees or traditional party foods using allergen free products. As always the food will be beautiful and I certainly will feature their traditional non-allergen counterparts as well.

I look forward to all of your comments and I will be mailing the special treats out the week of July 18th! Please leave your email address on your comment so that I may contact you if you get selected to get a treat in the mail! I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Pursue your interests
and develop your own special creations. It will amaze you what
possibilities open up when you learn all you can.

6 thoughts on “Who Wants a Cookie??

1. July 15, 2011 at 7:06 pm

No food allergies here, thank goodness! Just healthy alternatives for baking in general. I have started to use agave syrup and applesauce in some recipes to cut the sugar and fat.

2. Ashlie Celis
    July 15, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Casein Allergy!!! But was just totally componded by having a geographical tounge which takes away acidic foods like fruit!!! And their’s nothing you can do but avoid what causes the soars and give them milk products to help sooth it (says my ped’s doc :-) But she won’t drink almond, soy, rice or anything unless it’s cooked in and she can’t tast it. So needless to say very much so looking forward to all and any you have to share!!!!!!!

3. July 16, 2011 at 4:51 am

Hi Shelly! You’re lucky about no food allergies. I try to use agave nectar as much as possible in place of sugar but it’s very difficult to use in baking. Hard to get the ratio to liquids without compromising texture. If you have any tips I’d love for you to share them!

4. July 16, 2011 at 4:54 am

Hi Ashlie! Sorry to hear about your daughters casein allergies, it’s certainly not easy! Is there any food in particular you’d like me to write about? I’m going to compile some lists of all the allergen free foods I use to cook and bake that are out there. My son won’t drink almond or rice milk either. Have you tried coconut or hazelnut milk?

5. July 18, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I love that little sign! So cute!! And I’ve tried your cookies from GNO. They’re great!

6. July 18, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Thanks Jamielyn! I made that card for my Craftaholic gift exchange. I sent my exchange friend a personalized cookie jar filled with my cookies. Her daughter just happened to have a gluten allergy. Glad you liked the cookies!