Quick and Delicious Gluten Free Banana Bread

As promised, here is the super quick gluten-free banana bread recipe I made with my five year old over the weekend. My sweetie woke up asking me to please help him make banana bread and had already started mashing the bananas, how could I deny him?  I was still asleep { pre-coffee} gathering ingredients to make this banana bread. I was out of my favorite gluten free flour blend for making breads but I remembered that I had some gluten-free Bisquick mix in the pantry. I gathered some unrefined sugar, vanilla, two eggs ( I have a vegan option as well) and said Let’s go for it. Secretly thinking it wasn’t going to work because I didn’t measure and re-measure 100 times like I usually do.

We whipped it all up and didn’t even use my heavy duty Kitchenaid but the hand mixer. To my surprise what we took out of the oven 30 minutes later was absolutely delicious! My son was thrilled of course. I adapted this recipe from  Bisquick.
Ingredients:
1 Cup sugar
2 eggs
2 bananas riped and mashed
1 tspn Madagascar Vanilla
1/4 cup rice milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Mix it all together, we just used a hand mixer, or you could even use a whisk then put in a greased baking pan. We did mini lined paper loaf pans, then bake for 30 minutes or less according to your pan size. Just check at about 20 minutes with a toothpick!  We had to reduce the baking time from the original recipe substantially, so check and keep checking.
Easy Peasy gluten-free banana bread! Enjoy!

12 thoughts on “Quick and Delicious Gluten Free Banana Bread

1. May 6, 2013 at 11:10 am

I discovered your “Quick and Delicious Gluten Free Banana Bread – Two Prince Bakery Theater” page and noticed you could have a lot more traffic. I have found that the key to running a website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your subject matter. There is a company that you can get traffic from and they let you try it for free. I managed to get over 300 targetted visitors to day to my website. Check it out here: http://voxseo.com/traffic/

1. admin
      September 26, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Wonderful! I hope you enjoyed it! Love. D

2. Kirstin
    May 13, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Need the temp you bake it at :)

1. admin
      May 13, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Sorry about that Kristi!! 350 degrees!

3. nichole
    May 17, 2013 at 6:48 pm

We are trying this tomorrow am with mini chocolate chips! Thanks so much for sharing!

1. admin
      September 26, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Great! Hope you loved it. D

4. April
    June 2, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Yum! I tried this today. I only ha 1 cup of gluten free bisquick left so I halted the recipe and added some chocolate chips for a little treat. I had to cook it for about 35 minutes but it turned out awesome!

5. April
    June 2, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Yum! I tried this today. I only had 1cup of gluten free bisquick left so I halfed the recipe and added some chocolate chips for a little treat. I had to cook it for about 35 minutes but it turned out awesome!

1. admin
      June 2, 2013 at 12:25 pm

That’s great April! So simple and delicious glad you enjoyed it!

6. Amy
    August 15, 2013 at 9:32 am

This was delicious! I modified a teeny bit (I used regular milk and a mix of olive oil and melted butter, because I was out of the other), but it taste yummy! I did have to cook it almost an hour.

7. Toni
    September 26, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Just made this in muffin form. I am just starting a gf life and was missing a breakfast bread. Thank you so much. They came out perfect and hubby likes them too!

Toni